The Bespin apartments are a new addition to the game that will be released as part of their Christmas update. The apartments will feature an expansive interior and exterior, with different themes for each level.
SWG Legends, the rogue server for Star Wars Galaxies, released its newest bulletin over the weekend, and the major news is Bespin Part 2 and residential plans. Last April, the server debuted the planet Bespin and the city of Cloud City. Apartments were supposed to feature in the game this summer, but development has been “tricky” as the team worked through issues such as what to do with tenants’ belongings if they stop paying rent.
“Our development team has overcome these obstacles and hurdles,” the group now claims. “Our team is about to start the testing procedure […] Bespin Apartments is yet to be released, therefore we can’t provide you an exact date. By the time issue #12 of the Community Transmission arrives in early December, the vast majority of you will have settled into your Cloud City Suits.”
The team also discusses the status of ILM, a graphical mod that was included with the game at launch; it seems that it will not be maintained for the time being since its creator has left the company.
Here are a few more tidbits:
- Starting on October 8th, Halloween will be here.
- The team has been working on the Star Viper content for pilots, which includes a questline and mixed space and ground activity.
- There is no such thing as atmospheric flying. SOE pushed it into the game before the deadline, but it wasn’t completed, and the developers claim it would be too much effort to do it properly.
- Changes to the economy and crafts are in the works, with a view on achieving economic equilibrium.
- Yes, the wookiee treehouse will be in the game at some point. The in-house bazaar terminal will, too, but “not anytime soon.”
- More TCG goods are on their way as a result of missions and vet awards (yes, vet rewards will be updated).
- The Star Wars theme park is still in the works.
- More species are being considered by the researchers, but no timetable has been set.
- Performance and engine upgrades are currently being tested.