Chelsea manager Maurizio Sarri has identified Eden Hazard and Ferland Mendy as two players he wants to sign in the January transfer window. The Blues have also been linked with a loan move for Roma defender Antonio Rudiger, but are believed to be close to tying up deals for Juventus’ Gonzalo Higuain and Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic.
Chelsea are looking to sign Eden Hazard and Ferland Mendy from Real Madrid. Chelsea have agreed a fee for the duo, but will not be able to complete the deal until January due to FIFA regulations.
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
Chelsea are considering bringing Hazard back to the club.
According to El Nacional, Chelsea is interested in a double swoop for Real Madrid’s Ferland Mendy and Eden Hazard.
In the summer, the Blues allegedly made a €40 million bid for left-back Mendy, which was eventually rejected by the LaLiga club. Chelsea is said to be eager to re-enter the race for the France international with a higher bid, although Los Blancos would not consider anything less than €60 million.
The 26-year-old joined Real Madrid for €48 million from Lyon in 2019 and has made 71 appearances since then. President Florentino Perez, on the other hand, is said to be prepared to let the full-back go and locate a good replacement for the appropriate price.
Hazard might return to Stamford Bridge in the near future. In 2019, the Blues sold the winger for more than €100 million. Since then, he’s battled to establish himself at the Bernabeu, hampered by injury issues.
The leadership has lost patience with the Belgium international, according to the source, owing to Vinicius Junior’s form and a rumored desire to recruit Kylian Mbappe when his contract with Paris Saint-Germain expires.
While Chelsea would not rule out a return for Hazard, they seem to have reservations about the wideman’s future. However, they feel he has a future and may be enticed with the appropriate contract structure.
Is it possible for Chelsea to re-sign Eden Hazard and Ferland Mendy? PA Images/Adam Davy via Getty Images
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Sport1, Bayern Munich is pursuing FC Salzburg attacker Karim Adeyemi. In three Champions League appearances for the Austrian team, the 19-year-old has scored three goals and provided one assist. Any transfer, according to the article, is contingent on the future of Kingsley Coman, whose contract extends until 2023.
– According to writer Ekrem Konur, West Ham United are interested in signing Clermont Foot forward Mohamed Bayo. The 23-year-old has five goals and two assists in nine Ligue 1 games this season, and has been linked with a move to the London club, which is looking for a striker to replace Michail Antonio.
– According to writer Fabrizio Romano, Chelsea defender Antonio Rudiger’s first objective is to continue at the London club, but an agreement on a new contract is “far from being achieved.” The 28-year-old is out of contract in the summer and has been linked with a number of teams, although he is presently in negotiations with the Blues about extending his contract.
– Leicester City midfielder Youri Tielemans, who is out of contract in 2023, is being pursued by seven teams. Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Juventus are all keeping an eye on the Belgium international, according to Calciomercato.
– According to El Nacional, Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema wants to play for David Beckham’s Major League Soccer team Inter Miami CF one day. The France international’s contract expired in the summer, but he just signed a new contract with Los Blancos that will keep him at the club until 2023. The 33-year-old has already expressed a desire to perform in the United States.
- eden hazard
- eden hazard stats